Dr. Katie D'Amato,
DPT, CYT, CAFS
I’m Katie D’Amato, a physical therapist and certified yoga teacher. My well-rounded experience and holistic treatment approach helps clients be centered and balanced in their care.
My degrees and certifications include:
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science at The College of New Jersey 2005
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy at Rutgers University 2009
- 200-hour Certified Yoga Teacher of Vinyasa Yoga 2015
- Certification in Applied Functional Science from The Gray Institute 2017
My professional experience is primarily in Outpatient Orthopedic and Sports Medicine care and includes:
- Recreational and multi-sport endurance athletes of all ages
- Post-surgical patients
- Geriatric patients balance training
- Pre and Post-natal care complimenting Women’s Health Care
- Pediatric developmental disabilities and cerebral palsy
- Aquatic Therapy (Group and Individual)
I have also taught students as:
- Clinical Instructor for enrolled Doctorate of Physical Therapy students
- Associate Professor at MiraCosta College for Yoga Teacher Training students
I grew up in Randolph, NJ and have since lived and worked in Boston and now San Diego. As a child I was naturally inclined towards athletics and being outdoors. I love figuring out how things work and helping others, making physical therapy a natural fit for my career.
In my free time I take full advantage of San Diego, the ultimate “outdoor playground for adults.” When I’m not working or on a travel adventure, I’m usually cycling, running, surfing, or hiking down the San Diego coastline.
Let me be part of your healthcare team as your guide, your confidant and coach towards improved health, fitness, and mind-body balance!
collabs + volunteering
Are you interested in collaborating?
For media inquiries and collaborations, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't miss a thing with Balanced by Katie!
See the latest and greatest on Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube!
@balancedbykatie #balancedbykatie #groundedtomove #empoweredtoheal